diet,

On My Way

7:24 PM Kelly 0 Comments

Lately I have been feeling a bit down on myself. I has been 4 years since I started my weight loss journey and I think I forget to realize that part of the struggle for me is being able to maintain. So I decided to give myself a little reality check today.


At my heaviest weight, I was 220 pounds. I was incredibly unhealthy and binge ate for every emotion; happy, sad, stressed, etc. I also spent a lot of time on the couch and had no idea what activity was other than getting out of breath walking up the 3 flights of stairs to my apartment. After my wedding, I decided to turn my life around. I discovered a love of fitness and began eating well. One of the biggest changes for me was realizing what portion control was. Unfortunately, I lost the wait pretty rapidly and was so strict that it was just not maintainable as a lifestyle. I was at 139 before I started to lose control. Once I allowed myself to have my first cheat in 8 months, I slowly fell back into my binge eating ways.

In about a year I got my weight to skyrocket to 195. I am not happy to be at that weight but have decided to stop putting myself down and still acknowledge where I came from (see photo below). Being a woman with PCOS, it is so hard to not only lose weight but maintain. In six months I had struggle to really recommit, but I have been able to keep my weight the same. I have been conscious of my food choices and I have a LOVE for exercise. April 24, 2014 I decided it is time to get serious and really do it this time! So I am on my way to getting where I want to be but I am proud to say, I am not where I started!



You Might Also Like

0 comments: