Motivational Monday

5:08 PM Kelly 0 Comments

“The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination."

   - Tommy Lasorda


Today was the first day of a 6 week wellness competition at work. You can compete in either fitness/nutrition. I chose to enroll in each since it is so important to my life. Stay tuned to hear about me winning! I started the week off right, I did a 45  minute, boot-camp style workout. After that I met a co-worker at work and we walked 3+ miles around the campus at work. I put in 10,000 steps before I even clocked in for my day!!


One of my favorite moments of this journey was going to Self Magazine's Workout in the Park. This day was 4 hours of physical activity in Central Park. I went with my close workout buddy Melanie. We got to meet my crush, Dolvett Quince, personal trainer from the biggest loser.

There was so many different workout styles that we tried. I wanted to share two that I most certainly enjoyed.

1) Tabura Fitness- This is a combination of dance, military and endurance training. Instead of regular music, there were live African drums. It really set the pace.

                                                


The video above is from the Day of Fitness and can show you the workout. It was so much fun and hopefully this is something I can purchase on DVD one day.

2) LABLAST- The other workout I loved was LA Blast. This was taught by Louie Van Amstel from Dancing With the Stars. This workout was SOOO fun. It is a danced focused workout, with catchy, repetitive moves. You work up a sweat and enjoy doing it! My favorite workout was the Disco workout. This is a new class and soon they will be looking for trainers to do this a gyms.




You can purchase this online here: http://lablast.shop.sportstoday.com/
There are 5 different levels. After trying the workout once, I needed to buy the DVDs!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: