Cinnamon Pumpkin Muffins

4:40 PM Kelly 0 Comments



I have successfully been back on Weight Watchers for 2 weeks and after my week 2 weigh-in today I have lost 7.8 pounds. I still have a ways to go to be back before I am back to my lowest weight but I will get there and hopefully be able to push to my goal.

This time I am really trying to make a better effort to spend some time in the kitchen. I am going to be able to maintain this if I am eating meals I enjoy.

On the Hungry Girl blog I saw a post for Betty Crocker Cereal Muffin Mix! There are 3 varieties  Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cocoa Puffs and Reese's Puffs. I am a huge fan of all of those 3 cereals so I was thrilled to try the muffins. 


I originally made the Reese's Puffs muffins with the eggs and oil. They definitely tasted good but they totaled 5 points. After reading on Hungry Girl that you could substitute either one can or club soda or a can of pumpkin puree.

The second time I went to make muffins I decided to try the Cinnamon Toast Crunch and to lighten it up with the HG recipie.  I do not love pumpkin so I was hesitant to try it but there was an extra gram of fiber when I chose pumpkin over club soda and it was totally worth it!! I think the combination of cinnamon with pumpkin made these muffins absolutely irresistible. The best part is that this required 2 ingredients and was so simple. These muffins with a cup of coffee for breakfast kept me satisified until lunch time. 



HG's Surreal Cereal Muffins
1/12th of recipe (1 muffin): 110 - 130 calories, 1.5 - 3g fat, 170 - 200mg sodium, 22 - 26g carbs, 1 - 2g fiber, 11 - 12g sugars, 1 - 2g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3*

Ingredients:
1 box Betty Crocker Cereal Muffin Mix (any variety)
1 1/2 cups canned pure pumpkin OR 1 1/2 cups (12 oz.) club soda

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray, or line it with foil baking cups.

In a large bowl, combine the muffin mix with EITHER the pumpkin OR the club soda. (NOT BOTH, and don't add ANYTHING else!) Stir until completely smooth and uniform.

Evenly distribute the mixture among the cups of the muffin pan. Sprinkle with all of the cereal topping (which comes in a separate packet in the box), and press lightly to help it adhere.

Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 13 - 18 minutes. Enjoy!

MAKES 12 SERVINGS 

You Might Also Like

0 comments: