healthy,

Foodie Friday!! Fresh Tomato Pizza

8:41 PM Kelly 0 Comments


Anyone who has ever been on a diet before admits that you need variety. Any other time I have done a diet, I eat the same meals over and over until I get sick of it and binge. Since I am new to cooking, any other time I was "watching what I eat" I was microwaving Lean Cuisines and Smart Ones. Not only did I get sick of them, they never filled me up. Not to mention that those meals are always packed with sodium and preservatives.
I am trying to cook recipes that not only I enjoy but that my husband and sister like as well. Every once in a while you just need some yummy pizza. This was a delicious and healthy alternative to curb the craving.
This was SO easy to make!! A serving size isn't huge so I paired it with just a nice salad with a little olive oil.
Fresh Tomato Pizza with Blue Cheese*

Ingredients:

1) A 10 ounce thin-crust Italian pizza crust (such as Boboli)

2) 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced

3) 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (I left this out)

4) 1/2 cup crumbled blue (next time I will do it with Gorgonzola instead)

5) 1/4 cup chopped oregano

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

2. Place pizza crust on an ungreased baking sheet or pizza pan; coat crust with cooking spray. Top with tomato and remaining ingredients. Bake at 425 for 8 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.

Nutrition Information

Points: 7

Calories: 279, Fat 10, Fiber 2, Protein 12, Carbohydrates 36

* This recipe came from an old Weight Watchers cookbook. I had to adapt the points to reflect current PointsPlus calculations. It is from the Weight Watchers 5 Ingredient, 15 Minute Cookbook.


You Might Also Like

0 comments: