diet,

Total Transformation

7:05 PM Kelly 0 Comments

Although I am working towards a physical transformation, I think the first step is complete. That is the mental transformation.

It may not be complete but it is well underway. My sister Rachel had a job fair to attend in Virginia this weekend. It was a 6 hour trip one way and she didn't want to do the drive on her own. I agreed to go with her. It was only one night and pretty much one day but I still had to really plan. Whenever I get out of my routine, I have a hard time getting back into it.

I packed all of my favorite snacks so I knew I had healthy options and I also packed my workout clothes. I very easily could have slept in today but I didn't. When Rachel got up, I joined her for the Continental Breakfast. When I hear those 2 words I think waffles, pastries, etc. I was surprised by the healthy options at this breakfast. It was earlier than I normally eat but I had a hard boiled egg and some orange slices.

When Rachel left for her job fair I hit up the fitness center and did a great hour of cardio. The old Kelly, would have slept in, ate delicious whipped cream smothered waffles and watched TV.

I was running on the treadmill which was strategically placed 2 feet in front of a wall to wall mirror. I saw this person in the mirror I hardly recognized. Not because my weight loss is so drastic but my attitude and approach. I was red faced and dripping with sweat and running with all the confidence in the world. In the past, when I was just slightly out of my comfort zone I convinced myself it was hard and would stop. I used to claim I "didn't sweat!" How foolish do I feel now. I absolutely sweat but in the past I barely pushed myself.

When I finished my workout I was proud to look at the mirror and see this sweat soaked shirt. I hope this mental transformation can continue as I work my way towards the total transformation.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: